The family had been feeling ill for awhile but were told by their doctor that the symptoms sounded like the flu. A week later the whole family had died in their beds.
If your home has an attached garage or carport, a gas, oil or propane heating system, or any other fuel burning device or appliance you need a CO alarm. Preferably one on each floor of your home.
Gignac promised, after his family’s tragedy, that he would keep working until everyone in Canada knew about CO alarms. He created the Hawkins-Gignac foundation, which supplied the alarms for Trent Lakes. Find out more at endthesilence.ca.