kawarth promoer news logo

Tuesday, 04 October 2016 20:19

Want to give back?

Written by
Rate this item
(0 votes)

            If you’d like to give back to your community, here’s one way to do so. The City of Kawartha Lakes is looking for folks to volunteer on any of 11 boards and Committees of Council.

            But you need to apply by Oct. 21.

            The committees have a wide range of focus, from agriculture to accessibility. Pick the one that

appeals to your interests, regardless of your background or education.

            “My passion is my contribution, not my credentials,” says Susan Blayney, who volunteers on the Kawartha Lakes Environmental Advisory Committee. “I’m very proud of the work that KLEAC has accomplished over the last couple of years.”

            The city is looking for members for: the Agricultural Development Advisory Board; the Bobcaygeon Legacy C.H.E.S.T. Fund Grant Committee; Environmental Advisory Committee; Fenelon Falls Museum Board; Fenelon Falls Powerlinks Committee; Fenelon Landfill Public Review Committee; Heritage Victoria; Joint Cemetery Board; Accessibility Advisory Committee; Lindsay Legacy C.H.E.S.T. Fund Grant Committee; and the Lindsay Park Advisory Committee

            To be eligible to serve, you must be an elector in the City of Kawartha Lakes, a Canadian citizen, and 18 years of age or older.

            Get a Citizen Appointment Application Form from any Service Centre, City Hall or on the city website, and submit it with supporting material to the Clerk’s Department c/o Reception Desk, City Hall, 26 Francis Street, Lindsay, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 21, 2016.


Read 815 times

Featured Advertisers

promote your business
James Goodliff Art

Local Weather

°F | °C
Humidity: 85%
28 kph
Rain And Snow
29 | 35
-1 | 1
23 | 35
-5 | 1